Teachers are needed in every country because they instil knowledge and values in the younger generation. Australia is not any different. Australia is in great demand for professional teachers in their country, so if you are a teacher that is thinking of migrating to Australia to continue your profession, follow these steps to know how you can go about the process.
1. Submit An Expression of Interest
The first thing you need to do is submit an expression of interest to Australian immigration, showing them that you would like to work I’m Australia as a teacher. If your letter is approved, you will be invited to apply for a visa. When applying for a visa, some requirements are expected of you.
2. Meet all requirements.
You must meet certain requirements before you can move to Australia, such as:
- Proffesion must be listed under Australian skilled workers
- You must have worked as a professional teacher in your home country for at least 2 years
- Pass the AITSL ( Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership) assessment
- You must not be over 45 years of age.
- They must pass an English proficiency test
- Must meet health requirements (with proof of health status)
- Must score at least 65 points based on the above claims
3. Apply for visa
There are a lot of visa options for skilled teachers to move to Australia, but the best visa option for teachers wanting to migrate to Australia is the skilled independent visa when you meet the visa requirements while applying and are granted this visa;
- You are eligible to become a citizen of Australia after a period of time
- You can work and study anywhere in Australia
- You don’t need sponsorship to get this visa.
- You can migrate with the listed family members
- You may be eligible to sponsor a relative seeking to move to Australia
- You are eligible to enjoy the Australian public health scheme
4. Pay Fee
There are some fees attached to gaining this visa. The cost of this skilled independent visa ranges between 4,000 and 5,000 AUD (Australian dollars). You will also be required to pay an additional fee if you are getting this visa with an additional family member.
5. Wait for Processing
After applying, you will have to wait for a period of time when your visa will be processed, and it takes between 20 and 36 months for this visa to be processed, depending on the applicant