Display a web interstitial ad

The Best Ways For International Students To Stay In The US After School


It’s no news that many individuals after studying in the US will want to live there permanently to work and explore the country, and most of these desiring individuals are students. Here are the best ways you can extend your stay in the United States as a student:

1. Getting A Non-Immigrant Visa (H1-B)

The Best Ways For International Students To Stay In The US After School. International Students Cavan get the H1B Visa when they are gainfully employed by a United States employer. If the student is successful, they can live and work in the US for a minimum of 6 years. The requirements for getting this visa are:

  • You must prove to US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) that your unique skills are needed in the company
  • If you change jobs within that period, you will need to apply for an H1B visa again.

2. Continue Education

The easiest way to prolong your stay in the US is to continue staying in the US is to further your education. That way, you extend your time to be eligible for this extension. Students will need to apply for the F1 visa extension on time and follow all the instructions given to them by their student immigration officer


3. Enrolling in Optional Practical Training ( OPT )

This training is provided to both undergraduate and graduate students on F1 visas.This training allows students to stay and work in the US for a maximum of 12 months. There are a few factors that make you eligible for the OPT. These are

  • Follow all stated requirements from the USCIS.
  • Students must be graduates of an American university or have studied for at least one year.
  • As a student, you are only allowed to work for 20 hours a week while school is in session.
  • Employment must be related to your field of study 

4. Get a Green Card

This is the best stay extension option for immigrants. Students usually have the upper hand of easily obtaining a green card because they have stayed in the US for a period of time and their jobs will be of great advantage to the US economy . While other options will only allow you to stay in the US for a period of time till you renew, a green card offers permanent residency and the freedom to work and stay in any part of the US indefinitely.

5. Marry a US Citizen

When you marry a US citizen, you will be able to automatically transition from your F1 visa to a spousal green card and, after a short period of time, you will be offered citizenship.

Note: Ensure you don’t marry a citizen just because you want citizenship, because if that is your intent and you are caught, you can be persecuted or deported for that.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button