Display a web interstitial ad
CanadaCanada ImmigrationWork In Canada

How To Migrate To Canada As An Accounting Permanent Resident


Accountants are skilled professionals that use their education and experience to examine or create financial statements for companies or individuals in accordance with the law. Canada is currently looking for individuals that have a degree and experience in accounting. There are numerous job opportunities for financial auditors, accounting technicians, bookkeepers, and other accounting professionals. Here is how an accountant can move to Canada as a permanent resident

Obtain Certification

In most cases, for you to be able to work in Canada as an accountant, you will need to obtain a specific certification while also meeting the academic qualification criteria.


To relocate to Canada as an accountant, you will need to obtain a visa, which comes in a variety of forms and can be obtained in a variety of ways, including;


Express Entry

This is Canada‚Äôs biggest entry system for all kinds of skilled workers seeking Canadian permanent residency. The Canadian government assesses and selects qualified candidates based on the following factors 

  • Education
  • Work Experience
  • Age
  • language proficiency, for example.

There are 3 different federal immigration economic programmes for accountants that they can be selected into, which are the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trained Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

This is another express entry path that is guided by the province. Many provinces in Canada are in need of skilled workers to take up job opportunities and always make sure they get the best candidates. You will need to apply to a province that has such a need. After applying to any province in need of an accountant, the province can nominate you to move to Canada and work in that province.

The Atlantic Immigration Program

This pathway was created to recruit newcomers to the Atlantic provinces, which gives a pathway to Canadian permanent residency and is both for foreign workers and graduates


If you are interested in moving there as an accountant, you can speak to an licensed immigration consultant to see which path will be best for you to take.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button