Display a web interstitial ad
Australia ImmigrationImmigrationTravel

How To Migrate To Australia As A Plumber



If you are a skilled plumber seeking to migrate to another country, Australia is seeking talented individuals to strengthen its plumbing industry, and you might be the right person for the job.


Here is how you can migrate to Australia as a plumber:


1. Skills Assessment

You need to prove to the Australian government that you are a skilled plumber, and this is done through a skills assessment by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). You’ll need to provide documentation like:

  • Formal qualifications: diplomas, certificates, or apprenticeship completion records proving your plumbing training.
  • Work experience: proof of at least four years of paid plumbing experience (or six years if you lack formal qualifications).

2. Pass the Points Test

Australia uses a point-based immigration system. To qualify for a skilled migration visa (like Subclass 189 or 190), you’ll need to score at least 65 points. Points are awarded for factors like:

  • Age: Younger applicants score higher.
  • Qualifications: Higher qualifications mean more points.
  • English language skills: Strong English is essential, with tests like IELTS measuring your proficiency.
  • Work experience: Relevant experience earns you points


3. Get A Job

To increase your chances of getting a visa in Australia, it’s a great idea to start searching for active-paying jobs online and apply for them. Employment can be a significant factor in visa application approval. So, make sure to look for suitable job opportunities and apply for them as soon as possible.


4. Apply For Visa

There are several visa options for plumbers, but the most popular are:


1. Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): This visa is for plumbers who want to immigrate independently. You’ll need to score at least 65 points on a point-based system that considers factors like age, experience, and English skills.

2. Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): This visa is sponsored by a specific Australian state or territory. It can be a good option if you have a job offer or want to live in a particular region. 



5. Getting Licensed

Once you have your skills assessed and your visa secured, you can now prepare for your trip to Australia, where you will need to gain a license before you can fully begin your practice. Here’s what to expect:

  • Provisional license: Upon arrival, you’ll likely get a provisional license allowing you to work under a fully qualified plumber’s supervision.
  • Gap training: You may need to undergo additional training to bridge any gaps between your qualifications and Australian standards.
  • Full license: After completing the provisional period and gap training (if required), you can finally apply for a full plumber’s license, allowing you to work independently.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button