The United States is a vast land of opportunities and growing businesses. It is one of the world’s power nations and a great place to go for study, travel, business etc.
Here are some facts that make the United States a place to be.
- The current US flag was designed by a high school student named Bob Haft.
- The United States was the first country to gain independence from European powers in the year 1783.
- The US has the world’s largest economy since 1871
- 46 out of the top 100 universities in the world are in the US.
- Although it is not an official language, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US.
- The US is the largest producer of nuclear power.
- The US has the longest railroad system in the world.
- The US is home to 3 of the oldest rivers in the world (the New River, the Susquehanna River, and the Colorado River).
- New York City in America is the world’s financial, business, and fashion capital.
- Every day, Americans consume 100 slices of pizza, or more than 350 slices per second.
- The United States is the third largest country in the world by landmass and population.
- More than half of Americans have never traveled outside the US, and there are more than enough tourist attractions in the country.
- The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France and is located in New Jersey, not New York, as it is popularly known.
- Alaska was sold to the United States by Russia at the rate of 2 cents per acre. It is the largest state in the US and was sold for approximately $7.8 million.
- Cows outnumber humans in South Dakota, a state in the United States.