Display a web interstitial ad

How To Migrate To The UK As A Teacher



The United Kingdom has established a well-respected reputation in the field of education, offering a wide range of opportunities for passionate and dedicated teachers looking to build a career in the country. If you are a teacher from overseas who is interested in teaching in UK classrooms, there are certain procedures and requirements that you must fulfill in order to make your dream a reality. Here is how you can migrate to the UK and work as a teacher:



Step 1: Check Eligibility Status


Before you dive into applications, make sure you meet the basic requirements of becoming a teacher in the United Kingdom. For that, You’ll need:

1. Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent: The UK recognizes teaching qualifications from other countries, but you might need to have them assessed. Check with the Department for Education (uidance/qualified-teacher-status-qts).

2. Strong English Language Skills: If you are planning to work or study in a country where English is the primary language, having excellent spoken and written English skills is crucial. You may be required to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to demonstrate your proficiency in the language. A SELT is a standardized test that assesses your English language abilities in four key areas: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. It

3. Clean Criminal Record:

To ensure the safety of children, a background check is required for individuals who wish to work with them.


Step 2: Find a Teaching Job


Once you’re confident about your eligibility, it’s time to find a school.

You can utilize the government’s Teaching Vacancies service to search for roles. Focus on schools that are licensed sponsors for visas; this will make the visa application process smoother.


Step 3: Secure Your Visa

You need to pick the best visa options that will allow you to migrate and work as a teacher.

Here are the top visa options available for teachers in the UK:


  • Skilled Worker Visa: This is the most common visa route for qualified teachers. To qualify, you’ll need a job offer from a UK school with a sponsor license and meet the salary threshold.
  • High Potential Individual Visa: This visa is aimed at graduates from top universities. If you hold a degree from a prestigious institution and meet the English language requirements, this could be an option. However, it doesn’t guarantee a teaching job.


 Migrating to a new country can be an overwhelming experience, especially when it comes to starting a new career in a foreign land. However, with proper planning and access to the right resources, you can definitely make a successful transition to teaching in the UK.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button