Display a web interstitial ad
CanadaCanada ImmigrationWork In Canada

How To Migrate To Canada As An IT Professional


The world is becoming digitally inclined and there is a high demand for professionals that can help put them on a digital track. Canadian companies are in need of IT professionals in different sectors, such as software engineering, data analysis, web development, product design, networking, etc., so if you are skilled in such qualifications and you want to move to Canada and work, as there is a high chance of being gainfully employed, you just need to follow this path.

Temporary Residency Path

There are two major paths to working in Canada as a temporary resident

1. Job Offer

You will migrate to Canada and work for a specific period of time before returning to your home country. For this path, you must first be offered a job by a Canadian employer. After you have secured this job offer, you will be able to apply for a work permit and come under that work permit to Canada.


2. Study Permit

If you are a professional that wants to work as well as study, you can apply to a Canadian Designated Learning institution to advance your education, and when you are there, you can seek a work permit to help you find a job in Canada. Over time, you will also be able to transition into a permanent resident and work in Canada permanently

Permanent Residency Path

Over the years, many IT professionals have been able to migrate to Canada as permanent residents through:

For IT professionals, there is an offer from the Canadian government to come and work in Canada. For you to qualify for this program, you need to accumulate at least 70 points from the following factors:

  • Age: A candidate should be between the ages of 22 and 35.
  • Education: A candidate should have at least a university degree.
  • Experience: A candidate should have at least 1 year of experience in his field of work
  • Language Proficiency: The candidate must pass an English or French language proficiency assessment.

There are 2 major forms of express entry programs, which are:

1. The Federal Skilled Worker Program

An IT professional must meet all the requirements of the federal skilled worker programme and will then be given an opportunity to move to Canada as a permanent resident.

2. The Provincial Nominee Program

This immigration pathway is controlled by different Canadian provinces and not the government. For example, the British Columbia Province has a program known as the “Tech Pilot Program” that targets some categories of IT professionals, and successful candidates can secure a work permit.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button