The United Kingdom is somewhere most people want to visit or migrate to, probably in search of greener pastures, but it’s not all about moving to the UK. The UK, like other countries, has established rules that visitors and immigrants must follow in order to avoid deportation.
General Laws and Rules.
There are general laws and also specific rules that apply to individuals depending on their visa type. Here are some of the rules you should watch out for:
- Do not get involved in any criminal activities or even be associated with individuals who have a criminal record.
- Do not enter the UK illegally
- If your visa states that you should not work in the UK (e.g., as a visitor), make sure you comply with it.
- Do not overstay your stated visa period.
- If your visa states that you can only work for a couple of hours per week (student visa), do well to comply with that.
- Do not violate any terms of your immigration status.
- Do not commit domestic violence against your family or any UK citizen or permanent resident.
- Pay all taxes required of you according to your visa type.
- Only citizens are allowed to apply for public benefits from the UK government.
- Only citizens are allowed to vote and be elected to public offices.
If you are thinking of applying for a new visa in the UK, it is important to be aware of the laws guiding your visa type so that you don’t fall foul of the law and end up breaking the rules.